Loving and caring for your child may make it feel like every sign of illness or injury means it’s time to take them to the emergency room.
But, that’s not necessarily true. Here are seven reasons that your child may need same-day urgent care for children in Bethesda, Maryland!
What Is Pediatric Urgent Care?
Pediatric urgent care offers immediate medical attention for non-emergency issues in babies, children, and teenagers. Staffed by trained professionals, these centers provide fast care for common illnesses and injuries outside of regular office hours, ensuring children receive appropriate medical attention quickly and conveniently.
What Are Seven Top Signs I Should Take My Child to Urgent Care?
If you’re in doubt, it’s best to seek same-day urgent care for children in Bethesda, Maryland. In general, these specific symptoms more often than not demand immediate medical attention that an urgent care can handle:
- Allergic reactions: Swelling of the face, difficulty swallowing, hives, and / or severe itching could indicate an allergic reaction.
- Ear pain: Severe ear pain, especially accompanied by fever or drainage, should be evaluated promptly.
- Strains and sprains: These injuries should be seen to prevent further complications.
- High fever: A fever above 101°F (38.3°C) is a sign to seek medical attention. It may require emergency room care, so call when you’re unsure where to take your child.
- Persistent pain: If your child is in severe pain that doesn’t improve with pain relievers, urgent care is advised.
- Vomiting and / or diarrhea: Vomiting persistently or experiencing severe diarrhea should be addressed to prevent dehydration.
- Skin infections: Infected cuts, wounds, or boils that are red, swollen, warm, or oozing should be checked out.
For Reliable Same-Day Urgent Care for Children in Bethesda, Maryland, Turn to Nearby POP NOW in Rockville!
POP NOW Urgent Care, conveniently located in Rockville, is the go-to care center for all of your child’s needs! We specialize in treating various conditions, complete with school physicals and lab testing.
Call us today at 301-279-6750 for more information!